Epiphany 2 - Year C
For whose sake will you not shut up? Let us count those who covet our voice.
Yes, the list will extend past our ability to count and also reveal our bias and our blindness. It is important to start anyway. Are you willing to list 5 for whose sake you will not be quiet.
Here are five to get the ball rolling, add five more and send the list on to others. It would be interesting to see the results of several lists after they have been added to a dozen or so times.
- those diminished by others for their sexual orientation
- those constrained by mental illness
- those victims at every level by war (including those perpetrating such)
- those who simply hunger and thirst
- those whose words are but shadows of their thoughts and feelings
To what end will we speak up? That those spoken for, and all, might see themselves crowned with beauty, delighted, and in community.